
I cut off Nelson in Nelson's Column..oops...hehe
Gerrit looked the same as always with a beard added, and we jumped right into teasing him- just like old times (not that Gerrit is inhibited to dish it out, too!) I dragged them to the Museum (what?! I heard it was FREE, wouldn't you go?) - lots of beautiful portraits...but really- the abstract keeps you more entertained....we walked into one of the last rooms and there was Monet...Van Gogh....was it really not that big of a deal to have those artists displayed? Because I was floored! In the US they would have banners a mile away announcing paintings like that....anywho....
England is like "so what? We have Roman ruins, too" England is like the cool kid who is way too cool to ever ADMIT that they're cool.


What else did we do that day? ah- Mom went to her first pub, and I had my first Sausage and Mash.....a PERFECT DISH. What is all this crap about English food being nasty, to be avoided at all costs????? Screw that- think of all the wonderful food on this earth...hmmmm mashed potatoes...YES!.....gravy.....OF COURSE!....juicy sausages...OH YAH.....Sausage and Mash is a dream- and served conveniently at every pub- which is about every 100 yards or so...

I think we saw that place where the queen hangs out, too- but it was a bit dark ;)
After all that, Mom decided to relax while Gerrit and I went out...and got REALLY lost. It was fun though, getting lost always is - right Sarah?

2 comments:
Yay for pictures! Lots and lots of glorious pictures! I love it and it makes me more jealous of your awesomest trip! And your mom didn't give you the window seat?! Geesh. It reminds me of the wedding singer. And I love your coffee picture! You look adorable and ready to conquer the British Isles. Maybe Alissa will let you have the window seat when you guys go to germany.
lol, in Mom's defense- I told her to take the window seat, and I got it on the way home (which was great because I got a nice peak at Greenland)
Post a Comment