Thursday, August 27, 2009

what is My Bee Tree?!

Next to my house is a wonderful tree
It's creepy & dead-looking in the winter & Spring...
then in the summer it comes alive and my bees LOVE IT!

But I am stumped.
I have no idea what it is!

I promise a jar of this years' honey
(packaged my style!)
to the 1st person who can identify it for me.
I have a long list of beekeepers
who are dying to know what it is

3 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

I think it is called a "bee bee tree".
http://www.tuscarawascountybeeclub.com/beebee.htm

I hope I'm right, because I could use some good honey!

Beth Tunnell said...

More specifically the tree is called Evodia danielii or Korean Evodia1. Here is some more info: http://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/trees/EVODANA.pdf.

Bee associations go crazy for these guys!

Rachel said...

WOOOOOO you found it, I'm so excited! I went through a bunch of photos to make sure, and it DEFIENENTLY looks like my tree. I'm calling Dad right now